17 April 2022 – I guess Easter Sunday is as good a time as any to celebrate. Am very happy to let you know that we’ve now reached over:
- 10 Follows on Instagram
- 100 Likes on Facebook (if you haven’t yet, please Like our page!)
- 1000 Unique Visitors on the website
It’s closer to 1500 actually, but I like just adding zeroes… oh and we also have 6 subscribers to our fledgling YouTube channel. Would appreciate it if you can please also subscribe to the YouTube channel. Can’t get a unique name unless we have at least 100 subscribers. Still haven’t figured out how to use Twitter though? Any suggestions?
At any rate, just want to sincerely thank all the writers, testers, and of course the readers for helping move things forward. The feedback has been very useful, and we hope to create even more relevant content, and be a true source of authentic information for food, travel, and general shenanigans in Vietnam and other parts of Asia.
Celebrating small wins is good, but there’s still a long way to go. Building a website from scratch is difficult, especially when you don’t know what you’re doing. Lol. But the point is to learn as you go, and improve with each iteration. So far, we’ve been able to:
- Get ranked on Google searches (at least for a few topics)
- Be listed as one of the Top 30 Blogs in Vietnam (thanks Feedspot!)
- Set up a barebones listings section (which will hopefully be robust enough to cover housing, jobs, insurance, personal finance, and other general services)
Moving forward, for the next 6 months at least, we’d love to have the opportunity to:
- Work on interesting projects with other sites and bloggers
- Publish properly edited videos
- Bulk up the listings section
We’re very eager to see what the rest of 2022 has to offer, and look forward to having you there with us for the ride. Do drop us a note if you’d also like to get a few articles published. Or if you have any suggestion on cool travel locations, nice hole in the wall bars, or funky little restaurants that are slightly off the beaten path, we’d love to hear from you too! Your input and support are important! Thank you again.
Stay safe y’all and have a great rest of 2022!